Terms and conditions of use
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Stones R Us Limited, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Stones R Us Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Stones R Us Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Conditions of Sale
1. Any descriptions or images of the Goods on the Website, or in any of the Supplier’s printed materials, are for illustrative purposes only and no Goods are warranted to be exact replicas of any samples, drawings or advertising.
2. The majority of the Goods sold by the Supplier are natural, geological products and variations in colour, markings, form, texture and size should be expected. Variations can exist in crystalline composition, veining, fossil deposits and mineral activity and no Goods are claimed by the to be exact replicas of images or samples.
3. Any samples of Goods are for giving an approximate representation of the Goods only as natural variations should be expected.
4. Although we make every effort to be as accurate as possible, Goods are supplied under a variety of industry-accepted size-tolerances and all dimensions and measurements indicated have a tolerance of up to 5mm.
5. The Customer should bear in mind that natural stone tiles may be subject to natural chipping and pitting and may be easily scratched. The Customer must handle Goods correctly to prevent damage and store them vertically (on their edge) on a non-abrasive surface.
6. Details about how to care for Goods are available by request. We recommend that the Customer reads these carefully. All advice is given in good faith and is intended for general guidance only.
8. In agreeing to sell Goods to the Customer, we make no guarantee as to the suitability of those Goods to the specific installation the Customer has in mind and give no warranty that the Goods can be used in any given environment. The Customer should seek professional advice in relation to the fixing, installation and care of the Goods, and engage an experienced, ‘British Standards 5385, part 1 & 5’ qualified tiller (or other suitable contractor) for the preparation and installation of the Goods.
9. Stones R Us will not be liable for lost working time or the cost of third party contractors, or any other consequential loss, where the Customer (or its contractor) fails to install the Goods correctly or fails to use the correct base, adhesive, grout or sealants or fails to use the correct installation techniques or if the Goods are fixed in an unsuitable environment.
10. If requested we may provide an estimate of the quantity of Goods the Customer may need for a given project before the Customer orders, based on the information and measurements the Customer provides. However, the Customer should seek independent, professional advice before ordering as (subject to these Terms) the Supplier will not be responsible for any surplus or shortfall of Goods ordered
11. Given the fragile nature of the Goods, industry practice recommends that the Customer include an additional 10% of Goods to any Order to allow for wastage due to minor damage (such as edge chipping during the packing and unpacking of the stone) minor imperfections and damage that may be caused from cutting during the fitting process. Goods affected in this way can often be utilised for ‘cuts’ during installation and/or for future repairs.
12. The Supplier will not replace or refund damaged Goods constituting less than 10% of the total order.
13. Occasionally delivery of goods may be delayed due to circumstances beyond our control. These include bur are not limited to road closures, bad weather, union strikes, acts of God etc. Where possible we will inform the customer as soon as possible of any delays. Stones R Us will not be liable for any looses incurred due to delayed deliveries such as contractors time. As such we recommend booking a contractor after receipt of goods.
14. Customers are responsible for making sure all information given while ordering is accurate. Stones R Us Limited will not be liable for any costs incurred due to inaccurate information given by the customer.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
15. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Stones R Us Limited, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
16. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
17. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Stones R Us Limited.
18. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
19. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
20. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
21. We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
22. You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Links to other websites
23. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Stones R Us Limited or that of our affiliates.
24. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
25. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
27. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Stones R Us Limited makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Stones R Us Limited is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
28. Whilst Stones R Us Limited uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
29. Stones R Us Limited accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
30. Stones R Us Limited reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
31. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
32. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
33. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Stones R Us Limited accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
34. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
35. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
37. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
38. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
39. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
40. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Stones R Us Limited details
41. Stones R Us Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10853946 whose registered address is Stones R Us Limited, Alka Complex, Southfields Road, Dunstable, LU6 3EJ and it operates the Website www.stonesRus.co.uk.
You can contact Stones R Us Limited by email on info@StonesRus.co.uk