At Stones R Us we strongly believe that in the fight for low prices we must not give up our humanity.
This is why we ensure that all our suppliers sign an ethical policy agreement.
The agreement consists of, but not limited to:
- Adhering to the local minimum wage for all employees, contractors, consultants and subcontractors
- Staff are directly employed by the company with temporary or permanent contracts
- No forced, involuntary or child labour is used
- Staff are free to leave their employment after adequate notice has been provided as per their employment contract
- The workplace has an adequate Health & Safety policy which ensures the safety of workers
- Training is provided for all aspects of work including manual handling and health & safety
- Access to safe drinking water and hygienic toilet facilities.